January 13, 2013
April 29, 2013
What had happened was very simple. Phileas Fogg wished to go to Liverpool, but the captain would not carry him there. Then Phileas Fogg had taken passage for Bordeaux, and, during the thirty hours he had been on board, had so shrewdly managed with his banknotes that the sailors and stokers, who were only an occasional crew, and were not on the best terms with the captain.
- Never had the crew seen so jolly and dexterous a fellow.
- Thought they managed the vessel like gentlemen.
- Shrewdly managed with his banknotes that the sailors and stokers.
- Were not on the best terms with the captain.
- He formed warm friendships with the sailors, and amazed them with his acrobatic feats.